12 Oct What the tech’s going on in Bristol and Bath?
There’s a tech revolution in Britain’s Best Place to Live.
The South West is attracting A LOT of attention from big business and small companies with big ideas.
Here’s a brief snapshot of the region’s tech and digital scene:
- Oracle selected Bristol for its accelerator programme and has just announced the first start-up participants in its six-month Oracle Start-up Cloud Accelerator
- Our client YoBike – the app based smart cycle hire scheme from China chose Bristol as its European launchpad earlier this year
- Cookpad – another company we’re working with has this year opened the doors to its global head office in Bristol with a vision put its cooking and food community at the heart of addressing global issues
- Tech City UK revealed earlier this year that Bristol and Bath digital tech cluster has an average turnover per worker of £269,000 – ahead of Reading (£247,000) and London (£200,000) as reported in the Bristol Post
- Hewlett Packard, IBM, Sony, BAE Systems, Amazon-owned IMDB and Just Eat have all made Bristol home to strategically important parts of their global businesses
- Ultrahaptics, OpenBionics and BluWireless have chosen Bristol as their start up and growth homes to international attention.
- Start-up and scale-up hubs are making an impact on the city’s ability to incubate and accelerate new ideas from concept to reality: EngineShed, Future Space, Bristol Robotics and Pervasive Media are just a few of the many options available to tech and creative led businesses.
An exciting time for Bristol and Bath in the tech sector means brand creation and communication will become more important than ever as businesses compete for skills, investment and their share of the limelight.
As a tech PR specialist based in the heart of Bristol we have experience working with ambitious, fast growth tech firms, providing them with advice and creative campaigns to support commercial objectives. We’re a friendly bunch so give us a call to meet for a coffee on board our floating office in central Bristol.